Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm a girl...

...who procrastinates.  And as we all know by now, I read CJ's blog. To that, another tag so, here we go:

57 Girl Confessions

1. Is it cute when guys kiss you on the forehead?

I LOVE when R does this to me.  Usually only to tuck me in to bed (which is a rare occurence) and so this special little treat is just that...a treat.  Although he's actually half a foot taller than me, when I'm in heels, I'm almost too tall for the "taller boyfriend forehead kiss" so...it is what it is.

2. A big poofy dress or short party dress?

Right now...poofy short dress. For the big dress, I like something a bit more sleek, but if I'm getting dressed like that, I want something shorter.  One obvious exception of course.

3. What would you do if you received a long love letter?

Curl up, hit some tea, read it over and over and over again.  Dissect it for all the meaning and submeaning in it.

4. Group dates or single dates?

Some of both. We just started hanging out really with some local couples and that is actually really fun. But I also LOVE going out with just him.  Selfish like that.  But love how good he is about not leaving me all awkward to have to do that socializing thing when we're out with others.  I'm not anti-social, but he's totally the social butterfly of the relationship.

5. Do you hate it when guys act differently around their friends?

I actually LOVE this. Love to see the different faces and layers of people.  But only when it is still naturally them.  Like how I can be all hood rich and ghetto fabulous with Frying Pan Liisa, but I gotta act all professional (Leave YO name and Yo number after the beep...) at work and folks I work/socialize with.  I just like to know all layers of folks so yeah...if they're in a different mode, I'm all for seeing that.

6. Are diamonds a girl's best friend?

After Blood Diamond, not really.  BUT. I do love a pretty something something every now and again so I roll with it.

7. Is you hair up or down today?

Up as always.  Did buy the goods to wear it down coming up here in a hot moment though.

8. Do you straighten your hair?

nopers.  As in not chemically in a while and you KNOW I don't have the patience for the hot iron.  That would take away from my bloggin' time.

9. Favorite mascara?

Don't really have a fave.

10. Do you get your nails done?

Yeah and no.  Think I'ma start doing that again.  I get them done occassionally, but generally, no.

11. Small or large purses?

Large of course.  And I'm more about style and having a ton of them than I am about being a label monger.

12.  In your purse, what are your must haves?

Cell phone. Sharpies. Piece of fruit. lotion. sunglasses (yeah yeah I know I live in Seattle). change for the corner guys.

13. Jeans or sweats?

Can't stand sweats.  So manly and not girly.  Sorry sporty girls.  I'm a jeans girl.  Fitted.  With a pair of heels.  Really.

14. Do you wear clothes/jewelry/shoes that are uncomfortable?

Oh dear God let us not talk about those hideous brown heels on the cobblestone streets of Philly.  Can't say Rachel didn't warn me.  And why I can't remember that anything over a mile of walking in a day will be nothing but painful in my black flats...sigh

15. Do you text message a lot?

nope.  Those joints are like .15 each.  Incoming and outgoing.  Not a texting kinda girl.  Cept when I'm working on the road (like in the fall).  Then I text other recruiters to figure out where to eat.

16. What would you do if you got pregnant?

Jump for joy!  Want to know the sex immediately. Clean out the scrap room. Eat lots of ice cream.

17. What's your favorite color?

Orange

18. Heels or flats?

Heels...I love being even taller than tall.

19. Did you ever cry during a romantic movie?

Of course.  I cry at happy movies too.  I'm an emotional chick!

20. Would you ever leave the house without makeup on?

Almost daily. Natural beauty is my grace.  I'm messin.  But I DO hardly ever wear makeup.

21.  Walmart or Target?

Target is so fru fru.  I know, crazy talk cause all scrappers are supposed to love that joint but I don't remember what comedian it was that was all up on the Tar-Jay tip but everytime I set foot in there, it makes me giggle.  Only cause there are a few "better than" folks I know who shop there that I'm like "Ahhh...quit pozin' already."  Anyhow.  I shop at both.   Tend to get staples (hair stuff, sharpies, seasonal stuff) at Wal Mart and get home decor stuff at Target.  Now that Target is much closer than Wal Mart to me, I tend to shop a lot more there.  For what that is worth.

22. Do you wear collared shirts?

Mostly during recruiting season (ie, suit season). 

23. Do you think lip gloss is the best?

Can't stand it.  Sticky lips.  My ex-hubby owned stock in Blistex...lip gloss for men.

24. Do you like preppy guys?

Like synonymous with "smart" preppy guys (I went to an Ivy League school, I have a master's degree, I live in over-educated Seattle, I've dated Environmentalist-PhD-Newspaper President-MBA types) or just dress in layers that include sweaters?  Don't like fake preppy boys.  Do like smart, powerful, entitled guys who dress well.

25. Do you own any big sunglasses?

Of course.

26. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Well let's see.  I need to be at work at 9.  I should usually alot about 20 minutes to get there.  R leaves at 7:30.  I snooze until 8.  Get up and check email at 8:20.  So...uhhmmm...not long.

27. Do you like to wear band-aids?

I don't get the point of this question.

28. Do you like skater guys?

I dated one. It was really very tragic.  I was a senior in high school, he was a freshman.  Yes. I know.  Rachel. hush it. And then there was that other skaterish dude.  I don't know WHAT I was thinking. But Rob is hot.  I need to Tivo Rob and Big.  And I'm kidding, I don't think Rob is hot. Funny as all get out. But not hot.

29. Do you often wish there was something you could change?

Nope.  Really loving life. Of course there are things I could do differently, but I work towards doing so instead of just wishing them different.

30. Gold or silver?

Depends.  With my wedding colors.  Gold. On me, Silver supposedly looks better, but I actually like gold.  I drive a gold car.  My next car will be silver. Only because he won't let me have a black car if I want him to wash it for me ever.  I like his black car now though...so sleek. But far from the topic of gold or silver.

31. Do you like to receive flowers?

Love. to. But even more, love when the market has flowers and I can go buy a huge bunch each week. 

32. Do you like surfer guys?

Not really. Love Cali guys though (smile). One in particular.  He was almost a lifeguard and loves the water...does that count?

33. Do you dress up for the holidays?

Nope.  Used to for my grandmother, now it is all about comfort. I don't slouch around (that's a given) BUT I don't break out the evening gowns either.

34. Do you like to wear dresses?

LOVE to.  Can't wait for the weather to turn.  Have three that I've been saving up until warm weather.

35. On a scale of 1-10, how much do guys confuse you?

Only one guy who has ever REALLY confused me.  To this day still.  He was a cali guy too come to remember.  He was a 10 (as in confused the most out of me).  current guy doesn't confuse me in the least bit.  well, unless we're talking Econ between finance and accounting mindsets.  right.

36. In the last 48 hours, have you hung out with a guy?

Yep.  Often (smile).

37. Would you date a guy shorter than you?

Remember that freshman skater dude?  I told you he was wrong on so many fronts.  But yeah...I've been 5'11" since I was about 11 and I grew up in El Paso, TX.  So aside from the fact that I didn't really start dating in earnest till I was 17 (late bloomer, I know), it was pretty much a given that the dude would be shorter than me if I wanted to date anyone.  Although my first boyfriend was actually almost a foot taller than me.  He was also illegally dating a young child, but when you live pretty much on an army base, it is all about don't ask don't tell I guess.  Or just don't...well...you know.

38. Do you like to hold hands?

LOVE to.  This is the WORST part of being on the road for me.  Some folks hate to travel because they can't really spoon a pillow the same way  I hate to travel because I've got the pillow thing down but have found no substitute for hand holding.

39. What is the youngest you would date?

lol. Well, the freshman kid was 3 years younger than me.  My ex hubby was...what...2 years younger than me?

40. What is the oldest you would date?

I'm an old soul.  Can I plead the fifth on this one?  no?  My most recent ex was 22 years older than me.  I once dated a guy that was 38 years older than me (if you call that dating...we traveled together to the islands and when I wouldn't sleep with him, he dumped me.  WHAT?  Just cause you get taken to the islands doesn't automatically mean you have to put out).  R is almost 8 years older than me.  I think we finally found a perfect fit.  I've always been a bit "older" and he's a guy right about where he needs to be (not all immature or younger as per the usual) so it works.

41. What do you notice when you first meet a guy?

his eyes--mostly for where he is looking. If he looks me in the eyes when he's talking to me or if he looks away...that kind of thing.

42. Is it hot when guys sweat?

Not at all.  Gross more like it. Glistening is pushing it. 

43.  What is the best feature in a guy?

(smile). the eyes have it.

44. Do you like making eye contact?

it is deeply emotional for me to do so.  I tend to avoid it just out of how I was raised (crazy stepfather, tried avoiding eye contact to just fly under the radar) and that is hard to undo.

45. there was no 45? Guess not eh?

46. Would you kill for chocolate?

Nope.  Not much of a chocolate girl.

47. Did you ever spend all night/all day getting pretty for a guy?

for a guy?  no.

48. On a scale of 1-10, how fun is shopping?

depends on what I'm shopping for.  Typically about an 8 or 9 though.  I can spend some money.  Moreso, I love to go on the hunt and win the bargain.  don't try to look at the same thing I was looking at in Nordstrom. I'm just saying.

49. Do you freak out if you miss your favorite show?

Tivo baby.  Tivo.

50. Do you yell a lot?

A college colleague taught me that the trick to being heard is to LOWER your voice.  People have to shut up and listen to hear you instead of raising their own voices to outshout you.

51. Do you wear sweatpants/pajamas to school/work?

wouldn't dream of it.

52. Have you ever dressed unlike yourself to impress a guy?

nope.  I am what I am and you get what you get.

53. Do you write a lot of mushy love poems?

Nope. I've been told I write some mushy love journaled layouts, but I just write what I feel.  And I'm really not a very mushy gal.

54. What makeup could you not live without?

evidently, all of it.

55. Do you fall in love easily?

I fall easily, but in love, no...it takes me a bit.

56. Do you have cramps?

luckily, never.

57.Do you think you have the bestest friend ever?

absolutely. he is my heart and soul (smile).  So is she. And her too.  And you too Mr. Crazy.

Taggin' all girly and not so girly girls!

Happy long weekend for real now!

No comments: