Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Early start| TTR - N = H (Happy Lent)

Why no, I'm not Catholic. But I work at a Jesuit school and I'm getting married to an Episcopal dude so I need to flow with it this year. I'm giving up negativity and replacing it with thoughtful, thankful reflection. Which you might be saying "but you're hardly every negative" and I don't mean in thought and action. I'm talking inaction (not responding to emails/comments, not sending thank you notes, not saying I love you and calling people, which breeds a sense of "worthlessness" which makes me feel bad for them and for me and it just becomes a negative avoidance cycle...that kind of negativity). So for lent, Thoughtful, thankful reflection minus negativity = happiness. Happy Lent.

Saw this on Chris J's blog yesterday. But since I had JUST finished off a great post #2 for the day, figured I'd postpone publication of this until Thursday. When I'm twiddlin' my fingers running an accomodated LSAT. At least I get paid for that.


1. Grab the nearest book to you, turn to pg. 18 and find line 4.
1L discussion board Link to SU Online/Email (8) Easier navigation/org (13)


From the Addendum to the 2006 Market Survey. Reminder to self, number those pages next time.


2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can . . . What's there?
stack of invitations to the scholarship reception



3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
market recovering from yesterday on CNBC, delegate predictions on CNN (first on tv before work this morning, later on the internet via a CNN live feed at lunch)


4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
2:42


5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
2:41 (only because we're in countdown time to move the car did I know this)


6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
talkers, phones ringing, doors slamming



7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
1:16 pm was leaving Ginger Lime after having my daily pho while reading files


8. Before you started this survey, what were you looking at?
CJ's blog clip on bloglines.



9. What are you wearing?

gray slacks, brown/neutral tones short sleeve sweater, brown suede jacket and brown suede shoes, black/red/brown/white scarf


10. Did you dream last night?
Yep (smile). Oh wait...that wasn't a dream...


11. When did you last laugh?
with someone or at someone? That's like an hourly occurence, I'm a happy person generally.




12. What is on the walls in the room you are in?
cream paint and mini blinds. Some bird "stuff" on the window behind me.


13. Seen anything weird lately?

yeah. on the way to work, I had to turn away at some pretty graphic road kill. Wait for it. When I looked into my rearview mirror, the woman behind me had pretty much slammed her breaks so that she could roll down her window, stare, get a whiff and gag at it. That. was. hillarious! And disturbing.


14. What do you think of this quiz?

pretty indifferent now that I'm doing it. when I read it like the nosey chick I am, I thought it pretty fascinating.




15. What is the last film you saw?
like on film in the theater? Sheesh...U23D. Last movie I saw (on tivo, HD) was War of the Worlds. I think between the two of us we asked "what is this hot ass mess and why are we watching it?" about 218 times.


16. If you could become a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
houses, gold and ExxonMobile stock. Maybe I'd also buy a solid answer from the church.


17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I'm an open book. If you look hard enough, everything to know about me is in plain view.


18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you change? right now. In this moment? The outcome of the NY and CA dem primaries last night (smile).


19. Do you like to dance?
so old school. Been there done that before. I'm danced out.




20. George Bush:
348 and counting


21. Would you ever consider living abroad?
absolutely!




22. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates?
uhhmmm...I think I made a wrong turn.



And then this one, I got from my friend Sheila via email:



1. What is your name? B[...]
2. 4 letter word: boat

3. Vehicle: Bentley
4. City: Boston
5. Boy Name: Brandon
6. Girl Name: Berkley
7. Alcoholic drink: Brandy
8. Occupation: Bartender
9. Something you wear: boots
10. Sport: Basketball

11. Food: Boston Creme Pie
12. Something found in a bathroom: Bathtub

13. Reason for Being Late: Bumpin' Uglies (for married folks I guess)...
14. Cartoon Character: Bugs Bunny

15. Something You Shout: bullsh*t!
16. Animal: Baboon
17. Body part: Booty
18. Word to describe you: Brainy

2 comments:

T said...

o how I miss Ginger Lime!

Unknown said...

1. Grab the nearest book to you, turn to pg. 18 and find line 4.

* No books within reach...damn

2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can . . . What's there?

White board eraser

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Northern Exposure

4. Without looking, guess what time it is?

2:00

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

1:19 (wishful thinking)

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

printer, talking

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

12:00 Bagel hunt, starving

8. Before you started this survey, what were you looking at?

grading papers

9. What are you wearing?

White sleeveless mock turtle, Khaki pants, white shoes.

10. Did you dream last night?

Yes: I was washing the dog (subliminal message sent to me by my dog I am sure)

11. When did you last laugh?
with someone or at someone?

about an hour ago, at/with co-worker

12. What is on the walls in the room you are in?

Yellow paint, Blinds on the window, stuff kids drew.

13. Seen anything weird lately?

I'm a teacher, of 14 year olds what do you think?

14. What do you think of this quiz?

Good way to keep me busy for 10 minutes.

15. What is the last film you saw?
like on film in the theater?

Ratatouille.

16. If you could become a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

I would give it all away. because even if I gave away everything I owned, I would still have more than most people.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.

I have 5 horses, 1 dog, 3 cats, 2 birds, 1 fish that I got in 1993 as a gift (yes its true they live forever) 1 rat, 1 snake

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you change? right now. In this moment?

I would get every single service person home to their families where they belonged.

19. Do you like to dance?

Every chance I get.

20. George Bush:
348 and counting

Amen to that sister. Amen to that

21. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Been there done that

22. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates?

Why?

1. What is your name? L
2. 4 letter word: Love
3. Vehicle: Lotus
4. City: LaMure
5. Boy Name: Leland
6. Girl Name: Liz Beth!
7. Alcoholic drink: hmmm got me on this one
8. Occupation: And this one too
9. Something you wear: Lipstick
10. Sport: and this one
11. Food: lemon bars
12. Something found in a bathroom: light
13. Reason for Being Late: lost again
14. Cartoon Character: lil abner
15. Something You Shout: Look!
16. Animal: Lippizan
17. Body part: LEGS!
18. Word to describe you: LUCKY