Inflation instead of a recession. Go figure eh? So if we have 3 straight days of blue skies, does that mean spring is really here? Or is it just global warming? In honor of not wearing wool coats in February, a list of things to love about life. Sure, some are tongue in cheek but really...
1. While I’m at a standoff as of late, I had to do nothing more than write down what I ate – every day – to lose 20 pounds.
2. the Seattle PD Parking Enforcement Unit is NOTHING like the Philly Parking Wars folks.
3. those people, who stand in line in front of you with no idea how to order at Starbucks are actually giving you a moment to slow down and enjoy the fact that you can even afford to be in a Starbucks nowadays.
4. I can rock it sometimes, but lately, I’m Ms. Bum. And I’m okay with that.
5. My adorable nephew actin’ all wild and being a hot mess in the background when I’m on the phone with my mom.
6. owing someone something—means someone will always have my phone number and give me a ring—makes my cell phone bill worth it I guess.
7. not wearing socks. Ever.
8. that time of the month – jumping for joy aside, that time means “normal” and I like normal.
9. the way I smell after getting back from the gym. Okay…this is a stretch, but it does remind me that, hey, I MADE IT to the gym and it wasn’t a half-assed effort if I smell a certain way.
10. in the winter. When you can breath hot air on the glass. And then scribble a heart and your initials into the glass. Especially when little kids do that and they write things like “I love mommy”. Melts my heart.
11. off the cuff discourse—usually means you’re speaking from the heart and not trying to sugar coat it for me.
12. presumptions—they are short cuts. Well researched ones make sense. Boneheaded ones become assumptions and well…such is life.
13. water – with lots of lemon
14. a dishwasher full of warm, just cleaned dishes
15. my vanilla scented garbage bags
16. 2nd chances are generally easy to come by
17. surprise weekend getaways
18. lazy summer days…in February
19. telling it like it is
20. bag, borrow or steal. That place is off the HOOK!
21. Safeway. Yeah big brother is watching me and at first it creeped me out. But now I’m fascinated by the fact that they know I LOVE me some silk soymilk and can’t live without dried cranberries. Better yet? They put that junk on sale just for me. And deliver it to my home for free.
22. Reading from home on Fridays
23. “reality” tv…as opposed to “true” tv. Right.
24. Gas that costs more than $3 a gallon. Really makes me rethink my priorities (drive to work late…pay out the nose to park or get up earlier and ride the bus. Yeah…I still drive. And what??)
25. Gourmet bean soup – aka Seattle chili
26. Ginger Lime – where everybody knows my name. And…I’m starting to suspect, my credit card number as well
27. clean clothes in a freshly organized closet
28. improvising recipe ingredients—milk? I have some heavy cream…why don’t we just water that down?
29. Finding just one last non-serving of soy milk/juice/water left in the jug—makes me more aware of my serving sizes AND makes me happy that I got to have a bit more AND I get to make room for something fresh and new (ie, a new full carton of soy milk…yummy!)
30. halter tops—big B’s and all…
31. Jones Cream Soda…which reminds me, I need a bulk buy of that stuff for my wedding out of towner bags. Yeah right suckas.
32. that “look” of innocence “what you mean I did what??” I get glimpses of from time to time.
33. photoshop—or whatever photo manip you use. Make it perfect in your eyes…play around…be in your own reality. Do. Your. Thing.
34. knick knacks. Cause you just never know when that 37th pair of salt and pepper shakers is going to come in handy. God bless her soul…I miss my grandmama
35. catalogs. But only cool ones, with stuff I would buy if I had wads of cash to toss away. But instead, I dog ear the pages for a time that will never come when I’m going to really order some stuff. Really.
36. bill collectors who want to go toe to toe. If I owe ya, I’ll pay ya. Even pay ya interest for the pleasure of it. But when you try to roll me over, it’s on and I’m gonna get my money’s worth making sure you understand how “on” it is.
37. Comcast. But only when you’re about to cancel and all of a sudden, your bill is cut in half.
38. having a good job. And getting paid way too much to do it
39. sharpies. Need I really say more? Didn’t think so.
40. white calligraphy ink
41. nibs in a million different sizes (knowing how to use them…another story)
42. email. Especially when I get around to it
43. eyelets. Though my neighbors probably wish I had a silent setter after last night.
45. Barack Obama
46. free gym passes for me and my domestic partnas
47. blue sky days
48. global warming…almost 60 in Feb in Seattle…such a problem (that is a bit tongue in cheek…really)
49. being smart
50. being over-educated
51. green apples
52. French vanilla yogurt
53. accidentally molten chocolate cake with vanilla icing
54. Sagitarian good luck
55. saying yes and making someone else’s dreams come true
56. being happy
57. cold snaps in the middle of the summer that force you to crawl into bed and bundle up
58. Fr. Paul
59. kids being kids
61. self-confident, but not cocky people
62. booty shakin’ beats
63. letting someone else go first
64. how it never rains in Southern California
65. how it actually rarely rains in Seattle (though the threat is ever present)
66. waking up feeling refreshed
67. dental floss
68. Blockbuster “reminder” phone calls
69. hardwood floors
70. beach sand in your packed shoes when you get back home from vacation
71. shared financial accounts
72. making lemonade out of lemons (literally and figuratively)
73. rockin’ the hell out of those heels even when your pinky toe is violently opposed to such foolishness
74. saying sorry and meaning it
76. sexy boyfriends who become sexy fiancés before becoming sexy husbands
77. general craftiness
78. not giving a damn about “image”
80. myspace | facebook | linkedin (in that order of “growing up” for me)
81. mid major baseball teams…long as I’m not out back making cotton candy and all
82. Washington D.C. and the general area (historically speaking)
83. good red wine
84. round soup spoons
86. “good” photos
87. my mom (you can love her too…everyone does)
88. the Container Store…oh dear keep me away
89. reduce. reuse. recycle
90. Al Gore
91. clean windows to see through
92. Costco on free sample Sunday
93. bridal magazines
94. admitting a mistake
95. moving and being able to “shop” my long forgotten goods for stuff to keep and stuff to let others love instead
96. a good big purse
97. room service
98. McDonalds (I know I know…I’m a creature of habit…if I’m going to have crappy food, I want to know what to expect of that crappy food).
99. Dunkin Donuts (breakfast croissants in the airport…coffee, not so much…come on…I live in Seattle)
100. Microsoft Live Writer.
101. the internet