Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What we wanted - What we Got (That Special Something)

So the journey comes to an end.

You can catch the rest of the tour here (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12).
The last item on this list:

Was my hurridly scribbled (see...I don't always have neat handwriting), notion that I wanted our house to have something special. Something we couldn't quite name, but that I would know when I saw it. Certainly, soon as we walked into this house, the mere fact that it had (or will have) just about everything on our list in due time was testimony enough to that "something special". But really, when I wrote that, I was talking about things like this:


A great view. Now. We have a great view. For days. But before I ever thought we'd luck up into a house on the course, my focus was on getting lucky with a house with a view of the Mt. Our second choice was this place which didn't have a bonus room but DID have this gorgeous perfect picture window that perfectly framed the view of the Mt...and a gorgeous yard too...complete with birdfeeder.

Another house I really liked was this one. It had almost no dining room so that knocked it out for us, but the hammock ALMOST made up for the lack of a dining room. Almost. And then there was also this (same house as above):


Yes people. That is a window into the shower. Say what?! This window was not on a wall in the bathroom, or even a wall looking to the outside. This window was on a hallway outside of the bathroom looking into the shower. Though Robert was a bit excited by this concept, it was just one of those many "there's unique and then there is just plain wtf" that this house seemed to be full of.

Needless to say, we passed.

All in all, I love our place. Don't love cleaning it, but that's cause I don't love cleaning period. Now I hvae a lot of space to clean. And to heat. Which is REALLY another story for another time.

So the journey comes to an end. The last item on the list:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In the words of My amazing husband when we bought our dream husband.

"Now all we have to do is pay for it."

Good Luck, its beautiful

Tamany said...

good grief I messed that up, hey girl would you fix it to read, when we bought our dream home, not dream husband!

got to lay off the starbucks.... really!