Thursday, March 30, 2006

Who you hang with girl?

Evidently, my mother thinks I've lost it and I hang out with 13 year old ravers. Or something like that.

She called me Sunday when she saw on the news about the Cap Hill House shooting. I didn't call back until Tuesday or Wednesday. She freaked.

See, what you don't understand is that my mother calls me when hell freezes over. Or the sun is eclipsed by the moon. Or the worst massacre in a decade goes down in my [work] neighborhood. You also don't understand that while I did look at an apartment on Cap Hill, that neighborhood (love it though I do) is about as much "me" as the U-district. And the Int'l district. Right.

I love her to death. She is the coolest. My mom we're talking about...

She had to remind me to give the bf her number just in case I do get shot/pimped/stuck under on the way home from work one evening. Tonight I stay until 7. Good thing I gave him that number yesterday just in case...

I'm not invincible. I just find humor in the raunchiest, wrongest things. I think I want to have hot and sour soup tonight. Or maybe like 20 mini reeses peanut butter cups. Washed down with some reeses peanut butter cup ice cream. Then, maybe I'll have a couple of slices of peanut butter toast to make it all seem healthy.

Symphony tomorrow. Yippee! Dinner before hand. Get to hang out with the BF. Now THAT is what I am looking forward to. Ahhh...the weekend. Never mind that there are like 20 folks on the guest list now at my shindig...not worried in the least bit...

No comments: