Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Breathe

I wish I could do it for her. Poor kitty. I cannot even imagine what it must be like to not be able to breathe. Our kitty has asthma. Pretty bad. We're freaking out because we don't know what to do and can't pump hundreds of dollars into "getting her stable" which is (increasingly) relative.

We have lots of great shelters that have reached out, but we have to stabilize her before they will take her. Some moments she is doing great and kitty like and then she is just awful. It's painful and sad to watch her. I didn't want to say it, but last night I had to tell BF that perhaps the humane option is to...

I can't even type it.

She's so gorgeous. So happy. So kitty. So sad. I hate not being able to help her.

Anyhow.

I did apply for the job. Here are the fingers crossed that I figure it out already. Today I have to go in to work this afternoon. You know...we are a month behind (by some estimates). wtf? I suppose that is what happens when 1/3 of the committee is gone at any given time. I see why I was never allowed to take time off during reading season back in the day. I love admission--so easy to rack up vacation time.

Speaking of which. Can't wait to take BF away for his bday. And we're going away for the anniversary. And a bit before that as well (here we come Cali!). My mother is supposedly coming up in July--23-like Aug 1 or so. I cannot wait. I'm going to have to remember to request that time off...

No comments: