Sunday, June 01, 2008

And Freedom Came

Day 2...or almost Day 1.  All depends on how you look at it.

Lots of life going on around these parts lately.  Lots of photos, lots of life and nametags and roles and thoughts and links to think about and...just lots.

So some interactive lists are in order here:

Selectively Unemployed. 

I am BLESSED to be in a position to willingly be selectively unemployed.

Everyday May 2008_3 Friday, May 30 was my last official day with Seattle University.  I will go back for a few follow up items, and I have some work at my new position to do this week. But I am so absolutely amazed how everything always works out.  Absolutely amazed.  So what will I do?

Well there are lots of tiny things like taking the time to slow down and document life.  All the tiny details like the Spring that may never come to SEA and JDRF's Beat the Bridge.

Everyday May 2008_2b Everyday May 2008_1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will probably take a lot of time to work on all things political.  Those who know me know that I'm pretty passionate about politics.  Sure, by nature that means I support a particular candidate (smile), but beyond even that, I just LOVE getting people involved in the process again. Love that people have found their voices.

Speaking of Politics.

Yes. I am running for National Delegate for Obama.  You can read more about that and why at my Profile Blog. Creating PaperBut beyond that, you know that I've been glued to CNN--yesterday the DNC Rules Committee met to figure out a compromise on Michigan.  Pretty much Florida is as it is.  Michigan well.  We just get to a point where I have my own struggles absolutely knowing, from a bigger picture stance, that it isn't always worth winning the battle at the expense of the war.  Those are my thoughts on that.

ReadingEveryday May 2008_4

I love to read. The latest batch to arrive--something inspirational/how to.  Something step by step (wedding makeup and all).  And something thought provoking.  Which, of course, makes me now want more. Lots more. Great place to go for lots more?  Hamilton Books of course.  Why?  Because there are tons of bargain books on stuff you'd never think to buy.  I became hip to this discount offering in my last job (well, my last LAST job) when I was at SPSCC and had to be able to stock a whole Diversity Center on like $200 worth of funding.  Craziness.  I know.  But I did it. Through Hamilton of course.  And so now some of the other titles I think I might pick up this week from them?  Hmmm...

Cuttin' Up: Wit and Wisdom From Black Barber Shops
by Craig Marberry

Read more about this book...
Rising from the Rails: Pullman Porters and the Making of the Black Middle Class
by Larry Tye

Read more about this book...
Andrew Carnegie
by David Nasaw

Read more about this book...
Oskar Schindler: The Untold Account of His Life, Wartime Activites, and the True Story Behind the List
by David Crowe

Read more about this book...
When the Astors Owned New York: Blue Bloods and Grand Hotels in a Gilded Age
by Justin Kaplan

Read more about this book...
Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience
by Stephanie Palmer

Read more about this book...

 

And so you have it for now.  Have a friend coming over for a movie shortly.  Should probably order some groceries tonight for delivery tomorrow (LOVE that I'll be home to be able to pick a cheaper/free/bigger window of delivery time).  Play more with blog updates (I have a hundred and two of them so...)

Till next time.

No comments: