Monday, February 06, 2006

Forever

That's how long it has been eh? I'm sorry. Really. I'm sorry that I have a life and sometimes cannot take the time to post it for the world to see. Try picking up the phone and giving me a call to get an update. Okay...stalker, you shouldn't do that.

Anyhow. What has been going on.

I admit it. I am soooo a bandwagon fan of the Seahawks. Everyone and their mama (and their daddy too) knows that I am a Cowboys fan through and through. But since they can't get off the pipe long enough to get it together, it was well and good enough to root for the Seahawks.

That preface given, I'm not a bitter diehard lifelong fan who feels that 30 years of waiting means a win should be automatic. BUT...man. To have refs really impact a game like this past Super Bowl. One of the callers to my fave morning show pretty much summed it up when she said that watching the Super Bowl was like watching the last election. Essentially, you know that through and through, life is life and that's the rules, it still sucks when the rules are about rightness instead of justice.

Yeah, the rules are that you have to have overwhelming evidence to overturn a call on the field. But knowing that, why do you call it a touchdown instead of spotting it like you originally thought you should do and THEN reviewing it.

Yeah, the rules are that a receiver cannot push off on the defender, but how about if you call that love tap, you call the rule that the defender cannot touch said defender beyond that initial get up and go jump.

Yeah, the rules say that you cannot block below the knees...

but how about you call it when the block happens, not when the tackle happens.

I had a deeply suppressed scream in me yesterday night. No, not over the game. A game is a game. That scream was moreso for the injustice of it all. Injustice is injustice is injustice. I hate to see folks win who don't deserve it. I hate to see folks screwed who don't deserve it. Yeah. It's just a game. But the "it's just a..." mentality is infectious and spreads far beyond the Super Bowl. As is evidenced by the comments posted to one of BF's fave blogs. As is evidenced by the not so subtle mesage of the movie I watched this weekend (Lord of War--I love Nicholas Cage...).

Sigh. Off the soapbox. Time to get a few more things done. I have so much paperwork to sift through...not to mention so many files to read. I can do this. It's just a matter of making the to-do list and doing it. first up. Take car back to shop and get it looked at again. They enjoyed when I said "BF says that it is likely x..." because now I am not only "stupid chic that we can overcharge who certainly has the funds to pay" but now I'm stupid chick who works with lawyer types and has a bf that has a clue.

Fun.

Working late two nights this week. DL is Wednesday afternoon that I will likely miss. then Saturday it is a girl's night out with power networking for fun. Next week is V-day. Hmmm...

Next week I get a three day weekend. I so need it. So need it.

No comments: