Thursday, June 15, 2006

"Work"

I kid you not:

From: [innocent party]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:28 PM
To: lawstaff list of lots of folks
Subject: Monday, July 3, 2006, Work Day

All, Monday, July 3, 2006, is a scheduled work day at the University. Due to the Independence Day holiday on Tuesday, July 4, 2006, we have cancelled classes for Monday, July 3, 2006, since we believe many students would choose to take this day off if we held classes. Since we will not have classes on Monday, July 3, 2006, we will officially be closing our offices and declaring an office work day, with no services available to students.

Monday, July 3, 2006, is an official University work day. However, since we will not be providing scheduled services to students all employees may choose to schedule a vacation day with their supervisor on this day. Please coordinate the scheduling of this vacation day with your supervisor. Employees may also choose to work their normal schedule on this day.

Have a happy Fourth of July, and a very long weekend if you choose to use a vacation day!

So then says my boss:

From: [coolest boss I've ever had]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:51 AM
To: [coolest bunch of co-workers I've ever had]
Subject: RE: Monday, July 3, 2006, Work Day

I think this is a perfect day for “staff enrichment!” If you would like to stay home and think of new ideas for the office, that is fine with me. J My expectation is that you will come up with 3 ideas on how we as office can work together to make your work more fulfilling.

[innocent]
Assistant Dean for Admission
[fantastic] School of Law

Did I mention that I just LOVE this job?!

1 comment:

Keianna said...

Nothing better than being asked to stay home :-) Hope you make big plans or no plans at all and just relax.