Monday, June 26, 2006

Get off the phone...

...or you might get hit by a train? In a nutshell, some nutcase who couldn't get off her cell phone was "tapped" by a train last night. An Amtrak. Not like those things move at a steady clip OR with a soft foot. She saw the one train go by, thought the gate was taking too long to lift, walked around the "Do not cross" flashing signs and bam!

I bring this up only because I am now ultra curious to know if my BF's roomie's parents (get all that??) got caught up in the mess? It was at about the time they would have been on the train heading back to MN. What a fantastic couple of folks. Now it is prep time for my mommy to breeze into town for a visit.

BF is not stressing that one at all because, well, she was supposed to come before. When I graduated. From grad school. She couldn't make it then. Something or another and I was totally bummed about it but chalked it up to the usual. So if she doesn't come this time, I think there might be words. We have not seen each other in close to 5 years. Same with my cutie newphew tagging along for the ride. Brace yourself for the kiddie pictures sure to ensue.

Went to lunch and ate way too much--11 courses! That is just wrong. This is why I am not a lawyer. No way I could attempt to keep pace with folks who, evidently, think it is perfectly normal to serve not only 11 courses, but a full bar (or, at my table, a full bottle of wine...or two) on a 91 degree day and then expect some productivity for the last 4 hours. Right. Time to go swimming. Here's hoping like heck I don't cramp up and sink to the bottom of the pool. Actually, sinking to the bottom--not half bad. Fat girls float. Especially those with the built in flotation devices. Uggh. Swimsuit time again. All in the name of love, getting fit and a fantastic journey that I just might have to start another blog about. Stay tuned my pretties...

No comments: