Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Habitual

Okay...so I get stuck...in ruts. All the time. I am a creature of habit. I like it that way. Example you ask? Well...say for instance. I need to call over for lunch to be ready when I run over, pick it up and bring it back to my desk to eat (yes...I'm THAT busy).

Well, it goes something like this:

"Hello Ginger Lime this is David speaking."
"Hi David."
"Oh hi Bernadette! Will it be the usual today?"
"yes"
[note, he doesn't even ask if I want it with shrimp anymore because I don't and it is my new habit]
"okay. see you in 7 minutes"

Yes, he even knows how many minutes it will take me to get across the street.

So, I like to do things the same.

But even I, Ms. Creature of Habit, like to mix it up some. Like last night. Instead of having maybe some steamed broccoli with my sloppy joes, I made a salad. With lettuce, tomato, avocado, sauteed mushrooms, a hint of lemon. Something different.

Now if only I could find the time to write about something OTHER than food on this here blog.

Stay tuned.

No comments: