Friday, December 05, 2008

The $80 birthday cake from heaven...

I've officially hit middle age and the coordinating mid-life crisis is probably about to hit. Probably.

Some brief(ish) observations:

Those who say you can't have "real" friends online that you've never met in real life know not the power of Facebook, Blogger and LinkedIn. Happy Birthday wishes from those folks I knew = 128. You all rocked my world for being a girl who doesn't really make much of a deal out of birthdays.

Life is way too short to play games. And just too short in general.

I need to see my family way more often. Especially since the Seattle move is looking far less likely for them and that makes me really, really, really sad.

El Paso isn't THAT bad. Okay...it's not that great either for a girl who grew up there and cannot get into "tourist" mode to save her life.

I miss her tons. So much. And I love how missing her with me were my mom and my nephew. Four generations (counting the cricket). Until November 1999, we actually had five generations going strong. I miss that second oldest so much. Love that she left such a legacy behind. Others may have, but I will never forget a single detail...how she smelled, how she smiled, how she sounded, how I loved her. Man I miss her.

Going. Thanks for all the well wishes and "thoughtful" emails. Yes, I have a blackberry now. Yes it is because I can't have a WAMU account anymore. Transitions are good. Generally. Because now this means I won't be getting an iPhone for Christmas. Friggin' AT&T.

Speaking of that cake. I LOVE how detail oriented he is. He actually called my fave place in town to order me a birthday cake. That is until he found out that said cake he was considering was going to (per slice) cost just as much as we paid for our wedding cake. Sometimes I love living with a finance geek. This is one of those times. Somehow, it doesn't seem as obnoxious when it is the two of us (or the five of us as often is the case there) shoveling through that wedge of red velvet goodness. But to feed a whole gang of folks, I agree...it's not our wedding part 2.

Speaking of the wedding...playing with photos and trying to get this book scrapped for a mommy Christmas gift. Cause though she loved my purse, I really don't want to have to regift that to her because I love my purse too. I should stop blogging.

That said:

Finally got the oil changed.
Might one day clean this scrap room.
Ikea Christmas tree tonight
sushi run is way overdue
I love scrapbooking and photography (still, keep trying)
I love music

To the last:
Groove On playlist in iTunes
Swagga Like Us - Jay-Z & T.I.
Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie
Damn! (Club Mix) - YoungBloodz
Big Things Poppin (Do it) [clean] - T.I.
Awnaw - Nappy Roots
Yahhh! - Souljah Boy Tell 'Em
Lookin Boy - Hotstylz
My 64 - Mike Jones featuring Bun B & Snoop
Get Silly (Radio Edit) - V.I.C.
Stuntin' Like My Daddy (Street Version) - Birdman & Lil Wayne
A Bay Bay - Hurricane Chris
Throw Some D's - Rich Boy
A Milli [clean] - Lil Wayne
Whoa! - Black Rob
Presidential tha Remix - YoungBloodz
Player's Ball - OutKast
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - Outkast
85 - YoungBloodz
Let's Ride - Montell Jordan
What's It Gonna Be - Busta Rhymes & Janet Jackson
This Is Why I'm Hot - Mims
Upgrade U - Beyonce
Live Your Life (featuring Rihanna)- T.I.
Beautiful - Snoop Dogg
Breathe - Blu Cantrell & Sean Paul
Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!) - Blu Cantrell
Love Lockdown - Kanye West
Rehab - Rihanna
Hey Lover - LL Cool J & Boyz II Men
Make Me Better - Fabolous featuring
Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
Call on Me - Janet Jackson & Nelly

Have a fantastic weekend if I don't get ya on the rebound!

1 comment:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Awwwwwww....

Happy Birthday!!