Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh to Love like this...

How to Wow: Proven Strategies for Presenting Your Ideas, Persuading Your Audience, and Perfecting Your Image
by Frances Cole Jones

Read more about this book...
The Beauty of Color: The Ultimate Beauty Guide for Skin of Color
by Iman

Read more about this book...
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time
by Greg Mortenson, David Oliver Relin

Read more about this book...

Because it is Friday and was gorgeous out earlier but is only getting cloudy because it is about time to get up and do something, I ordered the three books above.  Partly because I had Iman's book on my list for quite a while.  Partly because I read a great quick review of How to Wow on the Never Eat Alone Blog and partly because I needed a third book to get my free shipping at Amazon.com.  Never mind also the need to do everything in three's lately.  Or perfectly format blog posts.

So tomorrow are the Congressional District Caucuses.  Lots of AMAZING folks running.  So this will likely be the end of the road for me BUT I love how the Because | Democracy in Action project has taken off so I'll have a bit of time to work on that even more thoroughly as I gave notice at my position at Seattle University this past Thursday.  Such a pleasure working with those folks but on to a really exciting opportunity that I'll chat more about soon.  Just need to finalize a few things first.

Like how I love that I'm in love with a dude who is absolutely sure in what he wants.  Even when the emails get a bit rough (smile).  I've got some shopping to do tonight.  I was thinking for a while that I really like Marc Jacobs Daisy.  He's thinking more SJP Lovely.  So of course you know I know where to go to figure all that out.  Gotta make sure I'm smellin' the part of the sweet nice fiance right?  I thought you would agree with me there.

Wedding planning is coming along fantastically.  We did the best tasting ever at Kaspar's.  I can't even begin to tell you how amazingly delicious that food was.  Now I get to pick appetizers and contemplate if I really want to do a desert trio after all.  Gotta figure out what is included on that.  And then I gotta get to gettin' on finalizing guest lists and getting invites out.  I tell ya.

Engagement shoot this Sunday.  Totally, totally fun.  And then some!  Get to have fun in the park with Robert and neither of us will be behind the camera.  You'll get to see just how non-photogenic we really are (smile).  But because we have super photographers in Arika and Gerald, I've no doubt life will at least look perfect for generations to come. 

I need to go get some lunch and probably should try to stop by the bank(s) today and close out my individual account.  That whole joint life stuff is getting crazy.

Some things I'm loving lately:

* That little kid who went running full speed ahead to that big dog with the happy wagging tail

* "You know, they don't shed a lot but they do have drooling issues"

* Alki patrons who run full speed after you to return the wallet you dropped on the ground getting out the car

* Veggie pho (smile)

* Third Annual Statewide Diversity Conference

* 80 degrees in Seattle

* White shoes and white purses

* Because | Democracy in Action

* gmail

* Scrappy nights

* Baby pictures

* slow afternoons

No comments: